Where in the Los Angeles area do you live? Where do you want to go? Would you like some help starting a social network that serves the residents of you neighborhood? Please Email me
• Leimert Park – The historic commercial district and neighborhood was one of the earliest suburbs of LA because it was on the Redline route to Redondo Beach. The downtown and surrounding areas are filled with homes and structures from the ’20 and ’30s. Today the vibrant Leimert Park Village, with the inconic fountain and Vision Theater at its hear, is the African American cultural soul of Los Angeles.
A center of Los Angeles:
• Hip hop, anchored by Kaos and Project Blow’d.
• Jazz, with regulars shows by legend Barbara Morrison and at the World Stage.
• Literature, a regular stop for Spike Lee and Walter Mosley.
• Art, with renowned assemblist Mark Bradford and the Leimert Park Art Walk the last Sunday of every month.
• Politics, home to the studio of national broadcaster Tavis Smiley and political commentator Earl Ofari Hutchinson.
Want to know more, visit LeimertParkBeat.com.
• Echo Park
• University Park
• Rancho Park
• Culver City
• San Pedro
RanchoParkOnline.com, the news and social network for Where LA Feels Like Home, launched in January and already is fulfilling it’s mission – create a stronger community through facilitating an online discussion.
This beautiful neighborhood sits between Cheviot Hills, Sawtelle, Westwood and Palms. It’s anchored by the eponymous Rancho Park and proud of its newest destination the Landmark Theatre.
Visit the San Pedro News Pilot!
Find out more about advertising
Culver City has always been a proud and independent city in the middle of the Los Angeles metropolis. Featuring the shortest Main Street on record, this once Mayberry-like town has grown up to become the hottest destination for the culinary and performing arts.
Join the Culver City Times to talk about today, yesterday and tomorrow.
Leave a comment if you would like to take part!
EchoParkOnline.com, a .com unity brought to you by Citilista, is the social network for one of Los Angeles’ oldest neighborhoods, where the movie business began, communists thrived and historic homes find new life. Today it’s the hottest place for new music, the avante garde and street culture.
UniversityParkFamily.com, a partnership with the University of Southern California, serves the diverse community just south of downtown Los Angeles. Highlights include the Bacaro Wine Bar and the 24th Street Theatre at the Hoover Union Triangle, the museums and sports venues in Exposition Park and three of Jonathan Gold’s essential Los Angeles Restaurants – Chichen Itza, Mo-Chica (in Mercado La Paloma) and La Taquiza.
LeimertParkBeat.com, the social network for The Soul of Los Angeles, was created in 2007 and boasts 800 members. There’s something happening every weekend in the art and cultural center of South Los Angele, near the historic intersection of Crenshaw and King.